An interesting first R&D workshop for our collective research and some themes have arisen to inspire our next session.
- Identity – what frame of reference do we have to discover value in our contribution when we are struggling with a shift in sense of self due to a long term health condition?
- What is the value of bringing Parkinson’s into the forefront and not leaving it at the door?
- Given these considerations, how do we enable people to understand their unique value and potential as movers beyond the confines of their sense of self as associated with Parkinson’s?
- Is this a rediscovery of self or a discovery of a new self?
- Does the fragmentation of the body help people to see themselves through a different lens rather than considering the body as a whole?
- Does fragmentation cause a sense of separation?
Food for thought…